VIRGIN VOYAGES || Seeking dynamic, engaging humans & personalities!
Location: Las Vegas NV
Type: General Performers
LAS VEGAS, NV
FOR Virgin Voyages
CATEGORY Cruise ship
SEEKING Dynamic, engaging and authentic humans
TYPE Open call
DATE(S) Wednesday, May 1, 2019
TIME(S) 09:30 AM Female-identifying, male identifying, and non-binary individuals.
LOCATION The Rock Center for Dance, 8210 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89123
Seeking magnetic, playful, and delightful rockstars to join the entertainment team onboard Virgin Voyages’ inaugural ship, the Scarlet Lady.
– a drag queen eager to engage with a new audience?
– a gym bunny burnt out from your normal routine?
– a soon to be art teacher who wants to create while traveling?
– a burlesque hostess eager to try new acts?
– a foodie eager to share your love of food and drinks?
– a gamer who loves to play board and console games with new friends?
– a magician who likes to charm your audience with parlour tricks?
– a party-starter?
– a hype man or woman or whatever you choose?
– a unicorn?
…then we want to meet YOU!
ALL THE THINGS
• Rehearsals beginning in NYC January 2020
• 4-5 months at sea
• Performer minimum $900/week
• Travel and lodging provided with single occupancy cabins
• FREE onboard wifi for browsing and messaging
SUPER POWERS REQUIRED
We are just as interested in the comprehensive representation of a diverse humanity as we are in finding exceptional talent when casting our ground-breaking entertainment for Virgin Voyages. So, if you think you don’t fit the breakdown, SHOW UP. You think you’re the wrong size, color, gender…whatever, YOU’RE NOT. WE WANT YOU. SHOW UP, show us your stuff and LET’S HAVE SOME FUN.
– The Diva* – an outgoing drag queen
o Professional Drag Performer & host
o Can sing, move and tell a joke
o Sharp, smart and cheeky people skills
o Ability to hold an audience for a moment or an hour
o Ability to dial up and dial down the naughtiness
o ***We’re not morning people and we won’t make you be either! Full beat not necessary but be prepared to show us a pop of personality.***
– The Hostess – a burlesque or cabaret MC/Hostess eager to try new acts with a diverse audience. An affinity for 50s pinup styling a plus!
o Dynamic, playful personality
o Wicked hosting skills
o Epically glamorous look
o Really down to earth and approachable
o Ability to engage a group, small or large
– The Foodie – male identifying, female identifying or non-binary, think Antoni from Queer Eye (and yes, there will be guacamole)
o Knowledgeable about the culinary world
o Not necessarily a master chef, but knows their way around the kitchen, and has probably worked a TON of catering gigs
o Epically engaging and good at commanding a crowd
o Very nutrition minded with a heavy knowledge of good health and wellbeing
o Red hot look and personality
– The Balancer/The Contender – male identifying, female identifying or non-binary, a wellness fan with a focus on physical fitness and overall well-being
o Wellness focused
o Nutrition and exercise expertise
o Knowledge of sports and gameplay a must
o Able to hold a group in conversation, whether at rest or at play
o Be an epic motivator, always making others feel good about what they are doing
– The Creator – male identifying, female identifying or non-binary, an enthusiastic visual artist eager to share their skills and love of all things art
o Visual artist, preferably of multiple mediums
o Really good at explaining the artistic process to others
o Able to guide novice artists through a project to completion
o Enjoy being watched while creating art and can create in loud, disruptive spaces
o Eager to talk about their art and the art of others
– The Gamer – male identifying, female identifying or non-binary, energetic game enthusiast
o Expert gamer, both digital and old school
o Ability to quickly learn new games and teach them on the fly
o Ability to engage with audience and make things seem super cool and relevant
o Be able to update content of games based on current events and sailor demographics
o Ready to play with sailors and make them feel comfortable and at ease
– The Charmer – male identifying, female identifying or non-binary, reads 21-40, magnetic personality and an affinity for close up magic
o Up and coming magician with excellent close up skills
o Ability to hold an audience of one to one hundred
o Ability to go with the flow and perform anytime/anywhere
o Have a knowledge of or the desire to learn about mixology
o Ability to teach moments of magic to sailors
o Be prepared to show us your skills **close up magic only; no big box illusions, please**
– The Hype/The Flare/The Spark/The Glow – male identifying, female identifying or non-binary, Hype Beasts and party motivator
o Not shy, in the least
o Able to engage in an authentic conversation with anyone at any time
o Ability to ramp up a party, just by being there
o Open to new experiences and leading others through the unknown
o Ability to be an expert improvisor and to host an event, at the spur of the moment
+ All performers should be proficient in English.
+ All performers should be 21 or older.
Please bring a resume, a recent photo of yourself and be prepared to show us your work and share relevant links (Instagram handle, show reel, website). Come with a story to tell, an Instagram story to share, and, most importantly, to be your most authentic self. Oh…and maybe to party.
For more information, visit http://www.brightlightsbigsea.com!
City or Location of call: Las Vegas NV
Please submit to: See above