Two new FOX shows are back in production with new seasons. Fox’s hit music oriented shows Empire and Star are now filming in the Chicago area and there are new casting calls out for locals who would like to work as paid extras on either of the shows.
”Empire” focuses on self made music mogul Lucious Lyon, played by Terrence Howard, his music label, Empire Entertainment and the family drama over who gets to control the company. “Star” is another music oriented drama and season 1 premiered last year. Both shows film in Chicago and casting directors are only considering talent that is local to the Chicago area.
CASTING CALL – EMPIRE
CASTING CALL! FILMING DATE: WEDNESDAY, JULY 24
ROLE: NEW YORK BASKETBALL FANS (see below)
NEW YORK BASKETBALL FANS:
Description: We are looking for people you would find at a New York Basketball Game (please see roles below) and upload your best New Yorker photo in your pop profile.
Fans: 18+ male/female ALL TYPES
Basketball Wives: Female, ages: 25-40, Classy, RICH looking, perfect hair, makeup beat, upscale wardrobe, etc “RICH CHICK” types
Celebrity Lookalikes: We are looking for a Spike Lee, Rihanna, Future, etc lookalikes, Please send your photo and the celebrity you look like
Groupies: Ages: 21-28, Female, pretty, nice banging body, urban, hip, girls you’d find going after rich basketball players.
Security: Ages: 30-50, male, Tall, bigger- muscular body type.
PROJECT: EMPIRE SEASON 6
FILMING DATE: JULY-MARCH
ROLE: CORE STAND IN
MAYA STAND IN:
Description: African American, Female, Ages: 20-35,
Tan Skin- MUST MATCH* Please see photo attached
Weight: 115 lbs
***THIS IS A CORE STAND IN POSITION FOR SEASON 6. YOU MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY MON-FRI, TRANSPORTATION AND WILLING TO WORK LONG HOURS. STAND IN EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO COME IN FOR A CAMERA TEST AND INTERVIEW***
To be considered, you must have a POP Profile. To create a profile, click the following link and then follow the instructions on sending the submission e-mail:
If you already have a POP profile, you may continue with the submission email.
Send an email to email@example.com with the role you are submitting for in the subject line :
PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR SUBMISSION. If the following questions are not answered and your current photo has not been uploaded, your submission will be deleted.
1) Confirm you have a POP Profile
2) Include the following information: Name, phone, and email, and the photo of your current look for quick reference
3) You must go into your POP Profile via a computer, and upload your New Yorker photo.
4) Update your current measurements – Chest/Jacket, Pants, Neck/Sleeve, Dress and Shoe – the wardrobe department is asking to see sizes of many of the roles because you will need to fit a costume/uniform. As well, even if you bring clothes for a role, they want to know the sizes of the extras on set.
5) Confirm which date you are submitting for and that are available all day
We will contact you if you are in consideration